Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to breads recipe. Today we are going to make Apple Bread Pudding Recipe.
Apple bread pudding is a delicious dessert made by combining bread, apples, sugar, eggs, milk, and spices, then baking the mixture until it is set and golden brown.
The bread is typically torn or cubed into small pieces and mixed with sliced or diced apples and a custard-like mixture made from eggs, milk, sugar, and spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
The mixture is then poured into a baking dish and baked in the oven until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
Apple bread pudding can be served warm or cold and is often served with a drizzle of caramel sauce, whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
It is a comforting and delicious dessert that is perfect for fall or winter when apples are in season, and the weather is cool.
There are many variations of apple bread pudding; some recipes may include additional ingredients such as raisins, nuts, or dried fruit.
Some recipes also call for soaking the bread in a mixture of milk and eggs before baking, making the pudding even more prosperous and creamier.
Overall, apple bread pudding is a tasty and comforting dessert that is perfect for anyone who loves the warm, comforting flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and apples.
Here’s a recipe for apple bread pudding:
Ingredients for making Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (French or Italian bread works well)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped apples (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- For the caramel sauce:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
Instructions for making Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cubed bread to the bowl and toss until the bread is evenly coated with the milk mixture.
- Stir in the chopped apples and raisins (if using) until evenly distributed.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- While the bread pudding is baking, prepare the caramel sauce. Melt the unsalted butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, heavy cream, and pinch of salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the bread pudding is done baking, please remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the warm caramel sauce over the top of the bread pudding.
- Serve the bread pudding warm, with additional caramel sauce on top if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious apple bread pudding with homemade caramel sauce for a comforting and sweet treat!
Frequently Asked Questions about Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
Q: What is apple bread pudding?
A: Apple bread pudding is a classic dessert that combines bread cubes, eggs, milk, sugar, spices, and chopped apples. The mixture is baked until it sets into a soft, custard-like pudding.
Q: What type of bread should I use for apple bread pudding?
A: You can use any bread for apple bread pudding, but it is recommended to use bread with a sturdy texture, such as French bread or brioche. This will help the bread hold up when mixed with the other ingredients and baked.
Q: Can I use a different type of fruit in the recipe, such as pears or berries?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of fruit in the recipe, such as pears or berries, for a variation on the classic apple bread pudding. However, be aware that other fruits may have different textures and water content, affecting the final result.
Q: Can I make apple bread pudding without eggs?
A: Yes, you can make apple bread-pudding without eggs by using an egg substitute such as mashed banana or applesauce. However, the texture and flavor of the pudding may be slightly different.
Q: Can I make apple bread pudding ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make apple bread-pudding ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat the pudding in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Q: Can I serve apple bread pudding with a sauce?
A: Yes, you can serve apple bread-pudding with a sauce, such as caramel sauce, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream, for additional flavor and sweetness.
Q: How do I store leftover apple bread pudding?
A: Leftover apple bread-pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat the pudding in the oven or microwave until heated through before serving.
Q: Can I make apple bread pudding in a slow cooker?
A: Yes, you can make apple bread-pudding in a slow cooker by following the same recipe and cooking the mixture on low heat for 3-4 hours or until set. Be sure to coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray to prevent sticking.