Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Banana Walnut Bread Recipe.
Banana walnut bread is a popular variation of traditional banana bread made with ripe bananas and chopped walnuts.
The nuts – Add crunch and nutty flavor to the bread, making it a perfect snack or breakfast treat. Here are some tips to make the best banana walnut bread
Use very ripe bananas – The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful they will be, which is essential for great-tasting banana bread.
Use chopped walnuts – Chopped walnuts add crunch and nutty flavor to the bread. Toast the walnuts in the oven for a few minutes to enhance their flavor.
Don’t over-mix the batter – Over mixing can cause the gluten in the flour to develop, making the bread tough and dense. Mix the ingredients just enough to combine them.
Use a good quality, unsalted butter or oil Butter or oil add moisture and flavor to the bread.
Don’t overbake – Overbaking can cause the bread to dry, so be sure to check the bread for doneness with a toothpick and remove it from the oven when it is set.
By following these tips, you can make sure your banana walnut bread is always soft, tender, and flavorful.
Here is a recipe for banana walnut bread:
Ingredients for making Banana walnut bread recipe
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Instructions for making Banana walnut bread recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well combined.
- Whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious banana walnut bread!
Frequently Asked Question About banana walnut bread recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about banana walnut bread
Can I use different types of flour for this recipe?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour as a substitute for all-purpose flour. However, remember that the texture and baking time may be slightly different.
Can I freeze banana walnut bread?
Yes, you can freeze banana walnut bread for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place it in a freezer-safe container.
Can I use oil instead of butter in this recipe?
Yes, you can use oil instead of butter in this recipe. Use an equal amount of oil in the recipe as the butter is called for.
Can I use ripe or overripe bananas for this recipe?
Yes, overripe bananas are best for this recipe as they are sweeter and easier to mash.
How long will the banana walnut bread last?
The banana walnut bread will last 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.