Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe.
Blueberry banana bread is a sweet, moist, and fruity bread made with ripe bananas and fresh or frozen blueberries.
It’s a twist on traditional banana bread, combining the classic flavor of bananas with the tanginess and natural sweetness of blueberries.
The bread is usually made by combining mashed bananas with eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and other ingredients and folding in the blueberries.
The resulting loaf is baked until golden brown and can be served warm or at room temperature, either plain or with a spread of butter or cream cheese.
Blueberry banana bread is a popular choice for breakfast or as a sweet snack. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast with a cup of coffee or as an afternoon treat, blueberry banana bread is delicious and satisfying way to enjoy the flavors of bananas and blueberries. It’s also a great way to use up ripe bananas that might otherwise go to waste.
Here is a simple and delicious recipe for blueberry banana bread:
Ingredients for making Blueberry banana bread recipe
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh or frozen blueberries
Instructions for making Blueberry banana bread recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm, sliced blueberry banana bread, and spread with butter, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious and fresh-baked blueberry banana bread!
Frequently Asked Question about blueberry banana bread recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about blueberry banana bread:
Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen blueberries in this recipe. Just be sure to toss them in a little bit of flour before adding them to the batter to help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf during baking.
Can I substitute the oil with butter or another type of fat?
Yes, you can substitute the oil with melted butter or other types of oil, such as coconut oil or avocado oil.
Keep in mind that this will affect the flavor of the bread, so use a neutral-tasting oil if you want the banana and blueberry flavors to shine.
How do I store blueberry banana bread?
Blueberry banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
You can also freeze the bread for up to 2 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag.
Can I make this recipe into muffins instead of a loaf?
Yes, you can make this recipe into muffins by dividing the batter evenly among a muffin tin lined with paper liners.
Bake the muffins at 375°F (190°C) for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Can I add any other ingredients to the blueberry banana bread recipe?
Yes, you can get creative with this recipe and add nuts, chocolate chips, or spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg. Experiment to find your favorite combination!