Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe.
Blueberry bread pudding is a sweet and comforting dessert made with bread, eggs, milk, sugar, and fresh or frozen blueberries.
The bread is soaked in a custard mixture made from eggs, milk, sugar, and sometimes spices like cinnamon and vanilla and then baked in the oven until golden and puffed.
The blueberries are mixed into the custard mixture or sprinkled on top, adding a sweet and tangy flavor with every bite.
Blueberry bread pudding is a versatile dessert served for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet treat after dinner.
It can be made with a variety of bread, including white, whole wheat, and brioche, and can be sweetened to taste with sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
In addition to blueberries, bread pudding can also be made with other fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, peaches, or apples.
Some recipes also call for adding nuts, such as almonds or pecans, for added crunch and flavor.
Blueberry bread pudding is a delicious and comforting dessert that is easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes.
Whether you prefer a classic version or added fruit and nuts, this dessert will surely be a hit with family and friends.
Here is a simple and delicious recipe for blueberry bread pudding:
Ingredients for making Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 cups of cubed stale bread (such as white, whole wheat, or brioche)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream for serving (optional)
Instructions for making Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the bread cubes to the bowl and gently mix until the bread is fully coated. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the bread and blueberry mixture into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the bread pudding is set and the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature bread pudding, topped with powdered sugar and whipped cream, if desired.
This recipe makes a delicious and comforting blueberry bread pudding perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet treat after dinner. You can easily customize the recipe by using different types of bread or adding different fruits and spices. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions about Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe:
Here are some frequently asked questions about the blueberry bread pudding recipe:
Can I use frozen blueberries?
Yes, you can use frozen blueberries in this recipe. There’s no need to thaw them first; mix them into the custard mixture before baking.
Can I use different types of bread?
Yes, you can use different types of bread, such as white, whole wheat, or brioche. You can also use a mixture of different pieces of bread for added texture and flavor.
Can I make this recipe with sugar substitutes?
You can make this recipe with sugar substitutes such as maple syrup, honey, or artificial sweeteners. Adjust the amount used to your taste.
Can I add other ingredients, such as nuts or spices?
Yes, you can add other ingredients, such as nuts or spices, to the bread pudding for added texture and flavor. Try adding almonds, pecans, or cinnamon for a delicious twist.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can make the bread pudding in advance and refrigerate it overnight. Bring it to room temperature before baking, and add a few extra minutes to the baking time if necessary.
Can I freeze the bread pudding for later?
Yes, you can freeze the bread pudding for later. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, remove the bread pudding from the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature. Bake it in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated.