Chai Tea Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Chai Tea Bread.
Chai tea bread is a type of sweet bread flavored with spices commonly found in chai tea, such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves.
The bread is typically made with flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and butter and can be served as a breakfast pastry or dessert.
The spices give the bread a warm and cozy flavor that is perfect for cooler months. Some recipes may also include raisins or nuts to add texture and flavor to the bread.
Here is a simple recipe for making chai tea bread:
Ingredients for making Chai Tea Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for making Chai Tea Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to the 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve the bread warm or at room temperature with a cup of chai tea for a cozy snack.
Enjoy your homemade chai tea bread!
Frequently asked questions about Chai Tea Bread Recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about Chai Tea Bread recipe:
Q: Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of flour, such as whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend, but the texture and rise of the bread may be slightly different.
Q: Can I make this recipe vegan?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using a vegan butter substitute and substituting the eggs with a flax egg substitute.
Q: Can I add nuts to the recipe?
A: Yes, you can add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to the batter.
Q: Can I use decaf chai tea for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use decaf chai tea for this recipe.
Q: Can I store Chai Tea Bread?
A: Yes, you can store Chai Tea Bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months.