Jalapeno Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Jalapeno Bread Recipe.
Jalapeno bread is a type of bread that is infused with the spicy flavor of jalapeno peppers. It is a delicious and unique bread that can be used for sandwiches, as a side dish, or even as a snack.
To make jalapeno bread, you will typically need ingredients such as bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, milk, butter, eggs, and jalapeno peppers. The jalapenos are typically diced and added to the dough before it is left to rise and baked in the oven.
Jalapeno bread has a slightly spicy and savory flavor balanced by the butter and milk in the recipe. It can be enjoyed toasted with butter or cream cheese or used as a base for sandwiches with meat, cheese, or vegetables.
Some variations of jalapeno bread include adding cheddar cheese, garlic, or herbs to add more flavor and texture. It can also be made with different types of flour, such as whole wheat or rye flour, for a healthier twist.
Overall, jalapeno bread is a delicious and unique bread perfect for those who love a bit of spice. It is easy to make and adds a flavorful twist to any meal.
Here’s a recipe for a delicious and savory jalapeno bread that has a spicy kick to it:
Ingredients for making Jalapeno Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cornmeal, for dusting
Instructions for making Jalapeno Bread Recipe
- Combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and active dry yeast in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Heat the milk, water, and unsalted butter in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Add the diced jalapenos and shredded cheddar cheese to the dough, and knead it for a few minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Punch down the dough, knead it for a few minutes, and shape it into a round or oblong loaf.
- Place the loaf on a baking sheet or in a greased loaf pan that has been dusted with cornmeal.
- Brush the beaten egg on top of the loaf.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few shallow slashes across the top of the dough.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious and spicy jalapeno bread!
Frequently Asked Questions about Jalapeno Bread Recipe
Q: What ingredients do I need to make jalapeno bread?
A: You will need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, warm water, sugar, salt, jalapeno peppers, butter, and an egg.
Q: Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
A: Yes, you can use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast. However, you may need to adjust the amount of yeast and the rising time accordingly.
Q: Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
A: Yes, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, but the bread will be denser and have a nuttier flavor.
Q: Can I use canned or pickled jalapenos instead of fresh jalapenos?
A: Yes, you can use canned or pickled jalapenos instead of fresh ones, but the flavor and texture may differ.
Q: Can I make this bread less spicy?
A: You can make this bread less spicy by removing the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno peppers or using fewer peppers.
Q: How do I store jalapeno bread?
A: Once cooled, store the jalapeno bread in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to three days. You can also freeze it for more extended storage.
Q: Can I make this recipe vegan?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using a vegan butter substitute and an egg substitute, such as a flax egg or applesauce.
Q: Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A: This recipe contains wheat flour, so it is not gluten-free. However, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour, but the texture and flavor may differ.