Monkey Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Monkey Bread Recipe.
Monkey bread is a sweet, pull-apart bread made from small balls of sweetened, yeasted dough coated in cinnamon sugar and baked in a bundt pan.
The bread gets its name from how the individual dough balls can be “picked apart,” like a monkey picking fruit from a tree.
Traditionally, monkey bread is made by rolling small pieces of dough in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar, and arranging them in a bundt pan.
The bread is then baked until it is golden brown and the dough has risen and is fully cooked.
Once the monkey bread is finished baking, it is typically turned out of the pan and served warm, often with a glaze or icing drizzled over the top.
Monkey bread is often served as a sweet breakfast or dessert and can be made with homemade or refrigerated biscuit dough. Variations of the recipe include adding nuts, dried fruit, or other sweet ingredients.
Overall, monkey bread is fun and delicious sweet bread that is a favorite among many families and is easy to make with either homemade or store-bought dough.
Here is a simple recipe for classic monkey bread:
Ingredients for making Monkey Bread Recipe
- 3 cans (16.3 ounces each) of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
Instructions for making Monkey Bread Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 10-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a large bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each piece of biscuit dough into the melted butter, then into the cinnamon sugar mixture, and coat each piece well.
- Place the coated dough into the prepared bundt pan, layering them as you go.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the dough.
- Bake the monkey bread for 35-40 minutes, or until it is golden brown and the dough has fully risen and is cooked.
- Let the monkey bread cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn it onto a serving platter.
- Enjoy your delicious monkey bread! Serve it warm, either on its own or with a drizzle of icing or glaze, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions About monkey bread recipe.
Here are some frequently asked questions about monkey bread recipes:
Can I use homemade dough instead of refrigerated biscuit dough for monkey bread?
Yes, you can use homemade dough, but be aware that the baking time and texture of the monkey bread may differ from refrigerated biscuit dough.
Can I add other ingredients to the monkey bread, such as nuts or dried fruit?
Yes, you can add other ingredients, such as nuts or dried fruit, to the monkey bread. Sprinkle them over the top of the dough before baking.
Can I use a different type of sugar for the coating?
Yes, you can use different types of sugar for the coating, such as brown sugar or coconut sugar. This may affect the flavor and texture of the monkey bread.
Can I make the monkey bread ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the monkey bread ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. To reheat, place the monkey bread in the oven and warm it until it is heated.
Can I make monkey bread with gluten-free biscuit dough or flour?
Yes, you can make monkey bread with gluten-free biscuit dough or flour. However, the texture and flavor may be different from traditional monkey bread.
How long does monkey bread last?
Monkey bread will last 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze monkey bread for up to 3 months.