No Knead Skillet Olive Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to breads recipe. Today we are going to No Knead Skillet Olive Bread Recipe.
No-knead skillet olive bread is a delicious and easy-to-make bread that requires minimal effort and ingredients.
The bread is characterized by its crusty exterior, soft and chewy interior, and flavorful bursts of olives throughout.
You will need essential ingredients like flour, salt, yeast, water, and olives to make no knead skillet olive bread.
The dough is mixed together in a bowl and left to rise for several hours. Once the dough has risen, it is transferred to a preheated skillet or Dutch oven and baked in the oven until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
The result is a beautiful, rustic loaf of bread with a delicious olive flavor that pairs well with various dishes. The bread can be enjoyed on its own, toasted with a bit of butter or olive oil, or used as a base for sandwiches or bruschetta.
Knead skillet olive bread is an excellent option for anyone who loves fresh bread but needs more time and desire to knead the dough.
It is also a great way to incorporate olives into your bread baking and add a savory and salty flavor to your baked goods.
Overall, no-knead skillet olive bread is a delicious and easy-to-make bread that is perfect for anyone who loves fresh bread with minimal effort. It is an excellent addition to any meal or enjoyed as a snack on its own.
Here’s a recipe for No Knead Skillet Olive Bread that’s easy to make and perfect for a quick and delicious meal:
Ingredients for making No Knead Skillet Olive Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt for topping
Instructions for making No Knead Skillet Olive Bread Recipe
- Combine the flour, instant yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water and stir until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the chopped Kalamata olives.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit warmly for 12-18 hours to rise.
- After the dough has risen, preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
- Once the oven and skillet are hot, remove the skillet from the oven and add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Transfer the risen dough to the hot skillet and use a spatula to press it down and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top of the dough.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Once the bread is done, please remove it from the oven and let it cool in the skillet for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread has cooled, slice it and serve.
- Enjoy your delicious No Knead Skillet Olive Bread as a meal on its own or with a bowl of soup or salad!
Frequently Asked Questions about No Knead Skillet Olive Bread Recipe
Q: What is no-knead skillet olive bread?
A: No-knead skillet olive bread is a type of bread that is made without kneading and is cooked in a skillet on the stove top.
Q: What ingredients do I need to make no-knead skillet olive bread?
A: You will need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, salt, water, olive oil, and chopped olives.
Q: Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
A: Yes, you can use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast, but you may need to adjust the rising time accordingly.
Q: Can I use a different type of flour?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of flour, such as whole wheat flour or bread flour, but it may change the texture and flavor of the bread.
Q: Can I use different types of olives?
A: Yes, you can use different types of olives, such as Kalamata or green olives, but it may change the flavor of the bread.
Q: Can I make this recipe without olives?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe without olives, but it will not have the same flavor as the original recipe.
Q: Do I need to preheat the skillet?
A: Yes, you should preheat the skillet before adding the dough to ensure even cooking.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the dough come to room temperature and proceed with the recipe.
Q: Can I add herbs or spices to the recipe?
A: Yes, you can add herbs or spices, such as rosemary or garlic, to the recipe for extra flavor.
Q: How do I know when the bread is cooked?
A: The bread is cooked when the crust is golden brown, and the internal temperature reaches 190-200°F (88-93°C). You can also tap the bottom of the bread to hear a hollow sound, which indicates that it is fully cooked.