Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Recipe.
A Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread is a variation of the classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich made using flatbread instead of a traditional roll.
It typically consists of thinly sliced steak, melted cheese, and sautéed onions and peppers sandwiched between two flatbreads.
The flatbread is toasted or grilled until crispy and the cheese is melted, creating a warm and gooey sandwich that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
The tender steak, melted cheese, and crispy flatbread make this dish a popular and delicious twist on a classic sandwich.
Ingredients for making Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Recipe
- 2 large flatbreads
- 1 pound of thinly sliced steak (such as sirloin or rib-eye)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional toppings ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce
Instructions for making Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced steak to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until paste forms, then slowly pour in the milk while whisking continuously. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Spread half of the cheese sauce over each flatbread.
- Top each flatbread with half the cooked steak, onions, and peppers.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the toppings on each flatbread.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is crispy.
- Serve hot with optional toppings, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread!
Frequently Asked Questions about Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread
What type of cheese is traditionally used on a Philly cheesesteak flatbread?
The traditional cheese used on a Philly cheesesteak flatbread is Cheez Whiz, but it can also be made with provolone or American cheese.
Can I use different meat for the Philly cheesesteak flatbread?
Yes, you can use different meat, such as chicken or vegetarian options, but the traditional meat is thin sliced rib-eye steak.
Can I make the flatbread dough from scratch?
You can make the flatbread dough from scratch using flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil.
Can I use store-bought flatbread for the recipe?
Yes, you can use store-bought flatbread for convenience, but making the flatbread from scratch can add more flavor to the dish.
Can I add additional toppings to the Philly cheesesteak flatbread?
You can add toppings such as peppers, onions, or mushrooms to customize the dish to your taste.
How long does the Philly cheesesteak flatbread take to cook?
It typically takes 10-15 minutes to cook a Philly cheesesteak flatbread in the oven at 400-450°F (204-232°C).