Raisin Nut Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Raisin Nut Bread Recipe.
Raisin nut bread is a type of bread that is made with raisins and nuts, typically walnuts or pecans. It is often sweet bread, with sugar and spices added to the dough to complement the natural sweetness of the raisins.
Some recipes also call for cinnamon or nutmeg to be added for flavor. The bread is usually baked in a loaf and can be served as a sweet breakfast treat or as a dessert with a spread of butter or cream cheese.
Raisin nut bread can also be found in specialty bakeries or made at home using a bread machine or by hand.
The bread is best enjoyed when freshly baked, as the raisins and nuts can make it heavy and dense over time.
Some bakers like to add a glaze or frosting to the bread to make it even sweeter. Overall, raisin nut bread is a delicious and satisfying treat many people enjoy.
Here is a simple recipe for making raisin nut bread:
Ingredients for making Raisin Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Instructions for making Raisin Nut Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the raisins and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade raisin nut bread! Serve it toasted with butter or cream cheese for a sweet and satisfying breakfast or snack.
Frequently Asked Questions about Raisin Nut Bread Recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about the raisin nut bread recipe:
Can I use other types of nuts besides walnuts?
Yes, you can use pecans, almonds, or any other type of nut that you prefer. Just chop them finely and fold them into the batter before baking.
Can I use dried cranberries instead of raisins?
Yes, dried cranberries can be used as a substitute for raisins. They will add a tart flavor to the bread and complement the sweetness of the nuts.
Can I make this bread in a different size loaf pan?
Yes, you can use a different size loaf pan, but the baking time may need to be adjusted. A smaller loaf pan will require a longer baking time, while a larger one will require a shorter baking time.
Can I freeze the bread for later?
Yes, you can freeze the bread for later. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, remove the bread from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature.
Can I make this bread with whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, but the bread may come out denser and have a nuttier flavor. You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid used in the recipe to compensate for the difference in the type of flour.