Rosemary Herb Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Rosemary Herb Bread Recipe.
Rosemary herb bread is a type of bread that is flavored with fresh or dried rosemary, giving it a distinctive and aromatic flavor.
The bread is typically made with yeast, which helps it to rise and creates a soft, fluffy texture.
The ingredients for rosemary herb bread typically include bread flour, yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil, water, and fresh or dried rosemary.
The dough is mixed together and allowed to rise, then shaped into loaves and baked in the oven until it is golden brown and fragrant.
Rosemary herb bread is a popular choice for people who enjoy the flavors of fresh herbs in their bread. It is often used for sandwiches, as a side dish for soups and stews, or as a base for bruschetta and other appetizers.
One of the benefits of rosemary herb bread is that it is a good source of antioxidants, thanks to the presence of rosemary.
Rosemary is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, making this bread a healthy and flavorful choice.
Overall, rosemary herb bread is a delicious and satisfying bread that is perfect for anyone who loves the taste of fresh herbs in their food.
It is an excellent choice for various occasions, from casual meals to more formal dinner parties.
Here’s a recipe for Rosemary Herb Bread:
Ingredients for making Rosemary Herb Bread Recipe
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110°F/45°C)
Instructions for making Rosemary Herb Bread Recipe
- Whisk together the bread flour, active dry yeast, salt, sugar, and chopped fresh rosemary in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for 5-10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a round loaf. Place the loaf onto a greased baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few diagonal slashes across the top of the dough.
- Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Once the bread has cooled, slice and serve.
- Enjoy your fragrant and flavorful Rosemary Herb Bread as a delicious accompaniment to any meal!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rosemary Herb Bread Recipe
Q: What is rosemary herb bread?
A: Rosemary herb bread is a type of bread that is flavored with fresh or dried rosemary herbs. It is typically made with wheat flour, yeast, and other ingredients such as olive oil and salt.
Q: How do I store rosemary herb bread?
A: Rosemary herb-bread should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic to prevent drying. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months and reheated in the oven or toaster when ready to serve.
Q: Can I use dried rosemary instead of fresh rosemary in the recipe?
A: Yes, you can use dried rosemary instead of fresh rosemary in the recipe. However, the flavor of the bread may be slightly different.
Q: Can I add other herbs or spices to the rosemary herb bread recipe?
A: Yes, you can add other herbs or spices, such as thyme, oregano, or garlic powder, to the rosemary herb bread recipe for added flavor.
Q: How long does rosemary herb bread take to rise?
A: Rosemary herb-bread typically takes about 1-2 hours to rise, depending on the temperature and humidity in your kitchen. It should double in size before baking.
Q: How long does rosemary herb bread take to bake?
A: Rosemary herb-bread typically takes about 30-35 minutes to bake in a preheated oven at 375°F. Check the bread for doneness by tapping the bottom of the loaf. If it sounds hollow, the bread is done.
Q: Can I make rosemary herb bread without a bread machine?
A: Yes, you can make rosemary herb-bread without a bread machine by kneading the dough by hand or using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
Q: Can I make rosemary herb bread gluten-free?
A: You can make gluten-free rosemary herb-bread with a gluten-free flour blend. However, the texture and flavor of the bread may be slightly different.
Q: How do I know when the rosemary herb bread is baking?
A: The rosemary herb-bread is done baking when the internal temperature reaches 190°F and the crust is golden brown. You can also tap the bottom of the loaf, and if it sounds hollow, the bread is done.
Q: Can I use other types of flour instead of wheat flour in the recipe?
A: Yes, you can use other types of flour, such as spelt, rye, or gluten-free flour blends, in the recipe. However, the texture and flavor of the bread may be slightly different than traditional rosemary herb-bread made with wheat flour.