Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe.
Sour cream banana bread is delicious and moist variation of classic banana bread. As the name suggests, sour cream is added to the batter, which helps to create a tender and rich texture.
The sour cream also adds a tangy flavor that complements the natural sweetness of the ripe bananas.
To make sour cream banana bread, you’ll need ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sour cream.
The ripe bananas are mashed, mixed with the other ingredients, and then baked in a loaf pan until golden brown.
The result is sweet, flavorful, and tender bread that is perfect for breakfast or a snack. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast or as an afternoon treat, sour cream banana bread is delicious and satisfying way to enjoy the flavors of ripe bananas and tangy sour cream.
Sour cream banana bread can be served plain or with a spread of butter, cream cheese, or nut butter. It’s also great to use overripe bananas that might otherwise go to waste.
Here is a simple and delicious recipe for sour cream banana bread:
Ingredients for making Sour cream banana bread recipe
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (230 g) sour cream
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions for making Sour cream banana bread recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and sour cream until well combined.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the sour cream banana bread warm, sliced, and spread with butter, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious and fresh-baked sour cream banana bread!
Frequently Asked Questions About our cream banana bread recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about sour cream banana bread
Can I use low-fat sour cream instead of regular sour cream?
Yes, you can use low-fat sour cream in this recipe, but keep in mind that it may affect the texture and taste of the bread. Full-fat sour cream will create a richer and moister loaf.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use any neutral-tasting oil in this recipe, such as canola oil, melted coconut oil, or avocado oil.
Can I add any other ingredients to the sour cream banana bread recipe?
Yes, you can add ingredients such as nuts, chocolate chips, or spices, such as cinnamon or nutmeg, to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
How do I store sour cream banana bread?
Sour cream banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
You can also freeze the bread for up to 2 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag.
Can I make this recipe into muffins instead of a loaf?
Yes, you can make this recipe into muffins by dividing the batter evenly among a muffin tin lined with paper liners.
Bake the muffins at 375°F (190°C) for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Can I use ripe or overripe bananas in this recipe?
Ripe or overripe bananas are best for this recipe as they are sweeter and easier to mash. Overripe bananas also add more natural sweetness and moisture to the bread.