Spelt Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Spelt Bread Recipe.
Spelt bread is a type of bread that is made with spelt flour, which is an ancient grain that is related to wheat. It has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor and a denser texture than bread made with wheat flour.
Spelt bread is a good option for people who are sensitive to wheat or gluten, as it contains a different type of gluten that is easier to digest. Spelt also contains more protein and fiber than wheat, making it healthier.
This bread can be enjoyed toasted with butter or used as a base for sandwiches. Some variations of spelt bread include adding nuts, seeds, or dried fruit to add more flavor and texture.
Spelled bread is a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional bread and a great way to incorporate more variety into your diet.
Spelt bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to wheat bread.
Here’s a recipe to make a simple spelt bread:
Ingredients for making Spelt Bread Recipe
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 and 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Instructions for making Spelt Bread Recipe
- Combine the spelt flour, active dry yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Mix the honey or maple syrup with warm water in a separate bowl until the sweetener is fully dissolved.
- Add the sweetened water to the dry ingredients, and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the dough, and use your hands to mix it in until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and let the dough rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Gently punch down the dough and knead it for a few minutes.
- Shape the dough into a round or oblong loaf, and place it on a lightly oiled baking sheet or in a greased loaf pan.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth, and let it rise for another 20-30 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few shallow slashes across the top of the dough.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious spelt bread!
Frequently Asked Questions about Spelt Bread Recipe
Q: What is spelt bread?
A: Spelt bread is a type of bread made from spelt flour, which is an ancient grain that is related to wheat.
Q: What ingredients do I need to make spelt bread?
A: You will need spelt flour, active dry yeast, warm water, salt, and honey.
Q: Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
A: Yes, you can use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast. However, you may need to adjust the amount of yeast and the rising time accordingly.
Q: Can I add nuts or seeds to the bread?
A: Yes, you can add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or almonds, or seeds, such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds, to the dough before baking.
Q: How do I store spelt bread?
A: Once cooled, store the spelt-bread in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to three days. You can also freeze it for more extended storage.
Q: Is spelt bread gluten-free?
A: No, spelt is not gluten-free. Spelt contains gluten, which is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley.
Q: Is spelt bread healthier than regular bread?
A: Spelt-bread is generally considered to be healthier than regular bread because spelt is an ancient grain that is higher in protein and fiber than modern wheat. It also contains more vitamins and minerals, such as iron, magnesium, and zinc.
Q: Can I make this recipe vegan?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using a plant-based sweetener, such as agave or maple syrup, instead of honey.