Spelt Flat Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Spelt Flat Bread Recipe.
Spelt flatbread is a type of bread made from spelt flour, a type of ancient grain related to wheat. Spelt flour has a nutty flavor and is higher in protein and fiber than wheat flour.
Spelt flatbread is typically thin and crispy and can be served as a side dish or used as a base for pizza.
It is a popular alternative to wheat-based bread for those who are sensitive to wheat or looking for a healthier option.
Here is a simple recipe for spelt flatbread:
Ingredients for making Spelt Flat Bread Recipe
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
Instructions for making Spelt Flat Bread Recipe
- Whisk together the spelt flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl, and stir until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and knead for 3-4 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a thin circle.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and lightly grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Cook the flatbread for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining flatbread, stacking them on a plate as you go.
- Serve the warm spelled flatbread, plain or topped with your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy your tasty spelt flatbread!
Frequently Asked Questions About Spelt Flat Bread Recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about spelt flatbread and its recipe:
Can I use whole spelt flour instead of white spelt flour?
Yes, you can use whole spelt flour instead of white spelt flour in this recipe. However, the flatbread may be denser and have a stronger flavor.
Can I add herbs or other flavors to the flatbread dough?
Yes, you can add herbs, spices, or other flavors to the dough before rolling it out. Some good options include rosemary, garlic, and black pepper.
Can I make the flatbread gluten-free?
No, spelt flour is not gluten-free. You can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of spelt flour if you need a gluten-free option.
Can I make the flatbread ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the flatbread ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, warm it up in a skillet or the oven.
Can I freeze the flatbread?
Yes, you can freeze the flatbread for up to 3 months. To freeze, stack the flatbread with a piece of parchment paper between them and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil. To thaw, let it come to room temperature and then reheat it in a skillet or oven.