Steakhouse Black Bread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Steakhouse Black Bread Recipe.
Steakhouse black bread is a type of bread often served in steakhouse restaurants. It is known for its dense texture and deep, rich flavor.
Steakhouse black bread is usually made with a combination of whole wheat flour, rye flour, and cocoa powder, which gives it its dark color and chocolatey taste.
In addition to the flour and cocoa powder, black steakhouse bread often includes ingredients such as molasses, brown sugar, caraway seeds, and coffee.
The bread is typically baked in a loaf pan and sliced thickly for serving. It is often served warm with butter or used as a base for sandwiches.
Steakhouse black bread can be a delicious and hearty addition to any meal. Its rich flavor and dense texture make it a great accompaniment to soups, stews, and grilled meats. It is also popular for sandwiches, particularly those made with roast or corned beef.
Here’s a recipe for Steakhouse Black Bread:
Ingredients for making Steakhouse Black Bread Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rye flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Instructions for making Steakhouse Black Bread Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, rye flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, caraway seeds, salt, and instant yeast.
- Whisk together the warm water, molasses, vegetable oil, and brown sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a damp towel. Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Could you place it in a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan?
- Cover the loaf with a damp towel and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is firm and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade Steakhouse Black Bread!
Frequently Asked Questions About Steakhouse Black Bread Recipe:
Can I substitute the rye flour with another type of flour?
While rye flour is a key ingredient in Steakhouse Black Bread, you could substitute it with another type of flour if you prefer. However, remember that the bread’s texture and flavor may be different.
You could try using all-purpose flour or bread flour instead of rye flour, but you may need to adjust the amount of water in the recipe to achieve the right consistency.
Can I make this bread in a bread machine?
Yes, you can make Steakhouse Black Bread in a bread machine by following the manufacturer’s instructions for the order of the ingredients and the recommended baking cycle. However, remember that the bread’s texture and crust may be different from bread baked in the oven.
How long does this bread stay fresh?
This bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. To extend its shelf life, you can slice the bread and freeze the slices for up to 3 months.