Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Breads Recipe. Today we are going to make Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread Recipe.
Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread recipe is a popular dish that combines two classic Indian flavors – tandoori chicken and naan bread.
Tandoori chicken is made by marinating boneless chicken pieces in a mixture of yogurt and spices and then roasting it in a tandoor oven.
Naan bread is a traditional Indian flatbread often served with curries and stews.
In this dish, the naan bread is topped with a mixture of tandoori chicken, cheese, vegetables, and herbs to create delicious and flavorful pizza-like dish.
Some common toppings include red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and mint. The Flatbread is baked or grilled until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread is a great way to enjoy the flavors of India in a fun and casual way. It’s easy to make, versatile, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea or want to impress your friends at a dinner party, this dish is sure to be a hit.
Ingredients for making Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread Recipe
- 4 naan bread
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons tandoori spice mix
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Instructions for making Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread Recipe
- In a bowl, combine the chicken strips, tandoori spice mix, Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix until the chicken is well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to high heat. Skewer the marinated chicken strips and grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, lay out the naan breads on a flat surface. Sprinkle each naan with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the grilled chicken strips on top of the cheese on each naan bread.
- Add the red onion and cilantro on top of the chicken.
- Place the naan bread on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
- Remove the naan bread from the grill and serve immediately.
- Enjoy your delicious Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread!
Frequently Asked Questions About Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread
What is Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread?
Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread is an Indian-inspired pizza-like dish made with naan bread as the crust, topped with tandoori chicken, spices, cheese, and other ingredients of your choice.
How do you make Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread?
The main ingredients for Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread are naan bread, tandoori chicken, cheese, spices, and toppings. First, the chicken is marinated in a mixture of yogurt, spices, and lemon juice.
Then, it is cooked until fully done. The naan bread is topped with cooked chicken, cheese, and other ingredients before being baked in the oven.
Can Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread be made vegetarian?
Yes, Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread can be made vegetarian by using vegetables or a vegetarian protein source in place of chicken.
What cheese is best for Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread?
Mozzarella cheese is often used for Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread as it has a mild flavor and melts well. Other options include Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese for extra heat.
What can additional toppings be added to Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread?
Additional toppings include diced tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and avocado. You can add a dollop of raita or sour cream to the top.
How long does Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread take to cook?
Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread typically takes 15-20 minutes to cook in a 400°F oven. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the naan bread and the toppings used.
What is Tandoori chicken, and how is it made?
Tandoori chicken is a popular Indian dish made by marinating chicken in a mixture of yogurt, spices, and lemon juice.
The chicken is then cooked in a tandoor oven, a traditional clay oven until fully done. The marinade and cooking process imparts the chicken with a flavorful, spicy, and tangy taste.